Wednesday, May 23, 2007

R.I.P. Shiloh


This little guy was the greatest dog in the world. He died in an accident last weekend, before his time, and my family misses him so much. Shiloh loved playing tag with me, ripping through the house with his beloved plastic yellow newspaper "The Daily Growl" and darting and skidding under tables. He was always happy when I came home for a visit and always remembered me, no matter how long it had been since he had seen me last. He often got so excited to see me that he'd flip his favorite blue bed over his head and go tearing around showing off -- this speeding blue bed with tiny black paws peering out the bottom. He always knew when I was sad, licking my tears away as if to tell me everything was going to be okay. He helped me get through my comprehensive exams of my doctoral program -- he went on something like 3 walks a day with me that week, listening intently as I worked through the logic of my next essay answer out loud. He loved snuggling and hated being told it was time for bed, because that often meant it was time to part from his loved ones (it was right about then that he would produce the audible version of "The Daily Growl").


The good thing is that he knew he was loved. Everyone in my family adored him. I love and miss you, Shilohman.

1 comment:

arik said...

So sorry to hear about Shiloh. He looks adorable, and this is coming from a man who is not exactly dog's best friend. It sounds like he had a wonderful, if too short, life.
Hugs, Arik