Thursday, November 29, 2007

WRECKLESS LOVE...

is my favorite song on Alicia Keys' new album. I love it. Well-written musically, and the best her (great) voice sounds on this album. Have a listen:



Once again, sadly, I can't endorse buying this entire album. Why the wildly talented Alicia Keys has yet to put out a consistently stellar album I cannot understand given how many amazing individual songs she has, but at least this album has many more good songs than her past albums have. These are the tracks worth buying, in my opinion:

*Wreckless Love
*No One
*Go Ahead (the chorus is awesome -- the rest of the song is nothing great)
*Superwoman (hell yeah, she needs to go on Oprah with this one ;)... "Even when I'm a mess, I still put on a vest, With an S on my chest, Oh yes")
*Like You'll Never See Me Again - this song gives me chills every time
*Lesson Learned - i like the john mayer groove in this one - you can tell he co-wrote even though he doesn't take over the song
*The Thing About Love

p.s. haha, as I'm writing this, dear husband tells me: "I actually like R&B. You know why? Think about it! It's happy bop bop, but different." YES. "Wreckless Love" is definitely "happy bop bop", but different. Indeed. Ha. Good job, husband.

1 comment:

arik said...

Hey, r-few, thanks for keepign the good stuff coming. This, in particular, is a good song, although there is something really exhausting about Ms. Keys. I don't know what it is but I always feel like I need a nap after listening to her.

Meantime, on the other side of the world, a girl named Leona Lewis has been rulling the UK chart for the 6th week now. She's the winner of last year's X-factor yada-yada, and yet nothing can explain the months-long success of this Whitney rip-off (I remember first hearing it in September).

Come to think about it, the UK chart has become so inert in the last few months - for example, the only new entry into the top 20 there this week is an Elvis Presley song, I kid you not. Must be that digital downloading stablized the market somewhow, but I need to think about it more. Hey, this sounds like an intersting research project... R-Few, are you in?

In the meantime, here's Leona's song: http://youtube.com/watch?v=sF84pIhP5UM