Monday, November 26, 2007

Sean Rowe

I honestly don't remember how I first came across Sean Rowe. Maybe myspace? All I know is that every time it's been a while since I've listened to him, and I play a song, and I'm like ohhh yeah, I really really like this guy's music. He's got a really unique, deep & gravely voice, paired with quality songwriting and guitar. For people who like these sorts of comparisons, let's see... maybe you'd get something close to Sean Rowe if you crossed Ray Lamontagne with Martin Sexton and then added some Barry White and some Nina Simone. But even then, he's still his own musician. He now has a youtube I can share with you. I recommend his 2003 album "27." highly. Apparently he's working on a new album now too (yay!)- he's got a couple new tracks posted on his myspace page now. He plays fairly regularly in NYC (he's based in Albany) - I really need to check him out live one of these days soon. Can't believe I haven't already. If anyone's interested, let me know.

No comments: