Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Kanye West & His Spaceship: The Musical

Kanye West & His Spaceship: The Musical (my title for the Glow in the Dark tour) was definitely memorable. Special effects were very cool, his stamina was impressive, as was the seamless integration of all his song into a narrative. I still can't decide how I felt about the 5 minute lecture we at MSG got at the end of his show (esp. since the night after us got Jay-Z instead), or the fact that he wouldn't share the stage with a single other animate being. But, I can't deny the face that I seriously enjoy Kanye's talent and music. Lupe Fiasco was very good too, and N.E.R.D. was fun (go Pharrell for bringing up Diggy Simmons to dance onstage - RUN'S HOUSE in the house).

It was also cool to hear Esthero's voice as the voice of the spaceship.

No comments: