Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Estelle + Lots of Special Guests

I'm listening to Estelle's new album "Shine" today (stream below). It's really solid. I wonder how much of it is due to smart executive production, though,(good job, John Stephens/Legend) b/c the best songs are the ones where she shares the spotlight with big names. You probably already know "American Boy" (ft. Kanye) and "Wait a Minute" (ft. and produced by Will.I.Am). "Shine" (produced by Swizz Beats) is my latest favorite. I'm also loving the way "No Substitute Love" (Wyclef shares production credits) plays with George Michael's "Faith".

The only song I really have to skip from boredom is "Back to Love", which sounds to me a lot like a mightily watered down version of John Stephens/Legend's "Again". (and disclaimer: I liked "Again"!)

No comments: