Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Regina Spektor - Hammerstein Ballrom 10/16/2007

What a incredible talent. Who needs a full band when you have a piano and Regina Spektor? My only regret is that this was my first time seeing her live. I am so jealous of the people who got to see her in smaller venues (with seats) before she was selling out 5000-capacity shows in NYC. If you are in love with music - with sound, really, and all its potential - you have to see this woman perform live. The way she dives inside sound and lingers to play around is pure joy. Oh, and she's just lovely in her quirkiness, sass and humility to boot. My Russian Jewish immigrant roots are radiating pride today.

Dan Lynch (nyctaper) was kind enough to post a really awesome recording of the show for flac download. Check it out. You can get the flac software you need here.

1 comment:

nyctaper said...

Thank you for the link. Very nice.
I've added your site to my blogroll.