Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Yes We Did!

I don't think I've ever been more proud to be an American.

I know the hard work truly begins after Obama's inauguration, but I DO believe. I do have hope for a better day. We're seeing the start of it. We DID elect our President not based on the color of his skin, but on the content of his character. And we CAN work together - across all kinds of divides - to pull our country through these most challenging times and make this, yes, a more perfect union.

This speech is brilliant; this man and this new administration have so much potential. I'm committed to doing my part to help them help us move this country forward. YES, we can!



Sam Cooke, A Change is Gonna Come, 1964

It's been a long long time coming, but I know
A change is gonna come, oh yes it will


Barack Obama, Grant Park, Chicago, 2008

It's been a long time coming, but tonight, because of what we did on this day, in this election, at this defining moment, change has come to America.

No comments: